Healthy Relationship Habits
ACTION GUIDE PLAN
It can be helpful to reminisce and reflect on your relationship to strengthen and reinforce your connection.
Storytelling is a great way to do this, but you may also want to write your responses in a journal and then discuss things from both perspectives.
Sit down together as a couple and answer one or two of these each evening for a week.
Questions for Couple Sharing
- How do you show your love for each other in little ways and big ways?
- How do you divide tasks and household chores?
- Do you have an endearing term or “pet name” for each other?
- Is there a personality difference in your partner or spouse that you have learned to respect and affirm?
- What is one compromise you have made with one another?
- How often do you say or demonstrate, “I love you!”? What are some examples?
- What do you like to do together?
- What was one of your favorite dating or anniversary celebrations?
- What was one of your favorite birthday, graduation, or promotion celebrations?
- What has influenced your sensitivity to each other’s needs?
Make a list of five special things your partner has done for you. Share your lists with each other and do at least one of the things on the other’s list before the next mentoring conversation.
An option would be to share three things you would like for him or her to do for you that are ways of demonstrating love to you.
Help one another by giving him or her a positive target at which to aim. “I really like it when you _________________.”
Cice Rivera, CEO/Founder